Who thinks that food should not only taste good, but be attractive, too?
Who thinks that it is not enough that the house is clean...but that it is welcoming and beautiful, too?
I do.
I am a woman. I love beautiful things. I love making even simple things look beautiful. I love putting beautiful clean linens on the bed. I love serving lemonade out of a beautiful glass pitcher.
I love these things.
I love all of the little things that make life somehow more pleasant and enjoyable.
I guess I have been spending too much time at the Pottery Barn website lately...
Here is what I found:


I really like that bed....I am searching high and low for more rea
sonable beds in the same style, but this one looks so much more solid than anything else out there that I have found online...And look how clean the lines are! And even the dresser is high up off of the floor so the vacuum can fit under there! Pottery Barn is great, mashaAllah.....
If dreams come true....Allahu alim......this is what I am saving for!
And look at the other things that they have for serveware!



Can you believe this stuff??? The smooth clean lines? How lovely are these things?!?
I especially love this glass vase...the foot makes it appear like it came directly out of a painting, mashaAllah.....I can just imagine making a lovely lavender lemonade in the summer and serving it up out of a pitcher like this, inshaAllah!

Alhamdulillah I am young, hehe. I have many years up to save and eventually live the way that I would like to, inshaAllah. By the time I die, inshaAllah I will have just enough of the "frills" in life that make me want to smile when I wake up in the morning.
--sheets that smell of lavender, rose and sandlewood (I have that now)
--smooth cotton sheets
--warm slippers
--breakfast served on pretty plates complete with a pot of hot Earl Grey tea..mmm
--shelves to organize all of my linens and kitchen things, etc.
--lots of good smells and pretty sights and memories
My theory is that if I don´t love it, then it shouldn´t be in my house...
I want my child (and inshaAllah future children) to grow up in a peaceful home with a peaceful mother who is happy! These are a lot of material things above, but I suppose in my defense, I have lived without for most of my life and I know that these are things that make me smile (other than my husband and daughter, of course, hehe). I want my daughter to have many of the things that I didn´t have growing up--including the security of a home that is not only stable, but beautiful. A place that she can feel comfortable. A place where people are welcome to come in for a cup of coffee or tea and *feel* welcome. Where there is an overwhelming feeling of comfort.....
Fi aman Allah,
Katherine

No comments:
Post a Comment