Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Good old-fashioned fun

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,





Lately, I've been spending a lot of time preoccupied with the way I look. Sounds bad, huh? I don't think so, though. I'm married with two kids, mashaAllah...and I think it's important to keep up my looks for a couple reasons. The first is that I don't want to feel like I'm letting myself go. If I'm wearing my flannel pj bottoms at 2 PM and haven't combed my hair yet...I don't feel very good about myself. My second is that I've been married just shy of 6 years and I want to keep my husband's interest. Now, we're both heavier than we were when we married...and we both have more responsibility...and I know that my husband doesn't look at other women (the women that most men would look at, my husband finds kind of disgusting)...so............I exercise and I wear nice things and I just try to take care of myself in general.





I know that nobody really cares, but I'm going to share a few of my favorite things.










I usually start with Ivory. This stuff smells great. I don't usually like the smell of soaps. Soaps today don't smell like soap anymore. They have the fresh scents and they have the fruity scents....whatever happened to the soap scent? Anyway. I like Ivory, because I like stepping out o the shower smelling clean.












Almay Ultra-Calming moisturizer is great. I have a lot of red undertones and I'm prone to acne, so this helps tons.





I like this. I really wish I had flawless skin. I'm not ashy and my skin isn't uneven...but I have a lot of large pores around my nose. This takes care of that pretty well...


Almay Clear Complexion make-up. This is the best make-up I've ever tried. I use it almost everyday and it's one of the few that doesn't cause me to break out immediately. I can't even tell that I'm wearing any make-up when I put this on.




Pixi cheek gel. I love this. It looks very natural, mashaAllah.




Of course Superstay lipcolor is awesome. I just have to be careful not to wear it during the day...I'm not sure that you can make wudu with it on...because no water can reach the lips. Of course, I wish I had evidence to the contrary...but oh well.


Revlon Color Stay Liqid Liner. This is one of my all-time favorites. I have thin, blond, short eyelashes. This helps in all kinds of ways. I find that I don't even need to wear mascara if I put this on. It's great!

Lancome Hypnose...The waterproof kind. But I still need mascara if I want to have dramatic look. This is the best mascara I've ever tried. I think that it looks even better if I use Lancome's white mascara base, but it works well even on its own.

Of course, I also have perfumes and lotions and all kinds of wonderful things, but these are the things that make me look half-way decent everyday.























































No comments:

Followers