Saturday, June 27, 2009

More Tomato Staking

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

Ah tomato staking!

Alhamdulillah it seems to be going well. I don't have to swat her behind as much, she comes to me when I tell her, doesn't always ask "Why?!" when I request her to do something, and she doesn't seem nearly as whiny as she did before, alhamdulillah.

My friend who suggested this approach is thrilled with the results so far. She says that there is a positive difference already, mashaAllah!

I'll be honest, I do see a difference, too, mashaAllah. And with the behavioral improvements, I see improvements that are even more important to me, alhamdulillah!

She is memorizing Qur'an, mashaAllah. She actually prays with us. Most of the time we leave the apartment, she insists that she cover her head, because "Allah wants her to." She helps me clean up, she plays with her sister when I tell her she should, she gives Salams, she remembers to say bismillah and alhamdulillah during meals and she says dua and recites Qur'an at bedtime.

MashaAllah! Alhamdulillah for everything!

All this isn't exactly new, but it has become MUCH more regular, alhamdulillah.

So as I'm finding this approach working for me, I'm also slowly making other changes in Jayjay's life.

Up until now, I've pretty much let her determine her own eating schedule and alhamdulillah she's in the 75th percentile on the growth chart, so it's worked for her...but she's at an age, where she should start having a regular routine.....sooooo..............she gets three meals a day, plus two or three snacks now....

And she is starting to sleep in her own bedroom. Alhamdulillah she is so proud of herself in the morning...but she was a co-sleeping baby for a long time, and has trouble falling asleep. She likes to scream a lot...Alhamdulillah she only screamed for ten minutes last night before she fell asleep on her dishak (she didn't want to sleep in her bed for some reason)...I see this as a huge improvement, though, alhamdulillah!

Oh Allah! Grant us obedient children who submit themselves to You with confidence! Ameen! Oh Allah! Give us the strength to do that which is best for our children in this life and in the next! Ameen! Oh Allah! Grant my children everlasting iman; guide them on Your straight path; and make them obedient to You and the teaching of Your prophet! Ameen!

SallAllahu ala Sayyidana Mohammad!

Fi aman Allah,

UmmJayjaat






1 comment:

UmmRania said...

Salamu Alaikum

I wanted to say JazakAllahuKhiran for the link to that site, I am reading it today and it blows me away! Ameen to your duas!

Followers