Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Working Mama Muslimah

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I'm on my way to getting a job. My husband goes abroad in September to finish his degree...and I'll be at home with the girls. Well, not quite. I'm going to go live with my dad. InshaAllah it'll be okay.

Anyway...I'm going back to school. I'm going to try to get a technical certificate as a MA, inshaAllah. It'll take about three semesters, inshaAllah...but I'm going to start looking for jobs in April. InshaAllah I'll have something by May wa Allahu Alim!

I only want to work part-time. Preferably as a receptionist or administrative assistant. That way I'll still have time at home for the girls (and my husband will be able to take care of them while I'm at work) and time to study...

Anyway...I've been wearing Abaya for about four years now. The only time I don't wear it is when I'm working. So..................I've started a search for appropriate clothing. Long skirts, long-sleeved shirts/blouses, sheath dresses that I can wear over pants and blouses, etc....things that can be bought a little bigger as to conceal the body...long cardigans to cover up anything that might be a little too tight. You get the picture.

So far, here are a few of my favorites...

Metro Style has got some suits and blazers that look nice and don't cost a fortune:
Newport News is another website with pretty affordable, professional looking clothing that can made to suit a Muslimah's wardrobe:

EastEssence also has some nice sets...albeit my goal is to still look classy while being modest......not frumpy.


Fi aman Allah!

1 comment:

Little Miss B said...

some lovley suits the red one is stunning.

Followers