Monday, April 27, 2009

Fitness, anyone?

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I am working to lose the weight that I gained in my last pregnancy. And it's tough. Not TOO tough, but it's something that I know will take months and months... I hope to be at my goal weight by the end of this year...

That's what happens when I go and gain 60 lbs during pregnancy.

At the moment, I'm exercising everyday...sometimes it's only 10 minutes, but I have to do something to make me sweat, because in addition to helping me lose weight, doing "vigorous" exercise seems to help my mood even more than my antidepressants...so..........................like I wrote, I'm exercising daily...

I'm also trying to eat better. That's a little tough sometimes having a family, especially a husband, with less than exemplary eating habits. Now, my husband IS trying to be healthier, he just isn't quite so determined as I an, I guess...but then he doesn't have the vanity of a woman to fight with either. And he's losing a little weight, too, mashaAllah...just much slower.

The last few weeks, I let things slip a little and while I didn't gain weight, I wasn't losing either...so I'm happy today that I've lost another pound...because it makes me feel like the efforts are worth it...

1 comment:

UmmRania said...

Assalamu Alaikum,

MashaAllah, I HAAAAVE to too, I just dont know when and how, I gotta kick myself in the butt! May Allah bless your time and may you be succesful!

Followers