Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
Oki doki...another post today....
I was walking back home from the drugstore and mashaAllah Jayjay was being a very good little girl and behaving in her stroller......................and then it hit me:
I will NOT be taking the stroller with me to visit my in-laws...if I don´t have the stroller at my in-laws, then it logically follows that I won´t have it when we (inshaAllah) leave to go for Umrah..............
We will be in Saudi Arabia for about a month, inshaAllah.....but that means a month of carrying around a 25 lb. little monster......my back hurts enough from carrying her around my one bedroom apartment, subhanAllah! And my MIL and FIL are much worse off in the back pain category...........yikes.
I frantically called a friend of mine about maybe borrowing her sling for the two months I´ll be out of the country, but no answer....she hasn´t called me back yet either...mmmmmmm......then I frantically called my mother.......who also lives an ocean away at the moment........she´ll see what she can do (especially since it has to be good for a bigger baby, inshaAllah), inshaAllah, but I don´t know if she can get anything shipped here in ten days...and that would be assuming that she got and sent the sling today!
At any rate, I´ll survive, inshaAllah! I´m just happy to be getting the chance to go to Umrah. I´m a little worried about the language, but I´ll learn quickly, inshaAllah. I finally have an arabic coursebook which helps....but I still look over all of the words with my husband so that I know which words are different in dialect, inshaAllah...
And it´ll help Jayjay, inshaAllah, because so far, she only understands things in English (other than "Taai habibti", hehe)...I think that´s because my husband has been working a lot lately...wa Allahu alim. She doesn´t hear as much Arabic as she does English.
Anywho....there´s my panic for the day...the other things are smaller...like getting the apartment to look absolutely perfect and having every corner clean and organized before I go so that I don´t come back to a wasteland (my husband isn´t flying with me...although he´ll fly to stay for the last two weeks before I fly back, inshaAllah).....
Fi aman Allah,
UmmBatul

No comments:
Post a Comment