Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
I seem to be making more progress with Jayjay´s toilet training than I thought I would...at least it´s faster than I expected alhamdulillah.
I was getting pretty fed up with the morning baby poop explosions, so I started putting her on the toilet every now and then about a week ago...she started getting the idea it seems and now pees on the toilet after every nap...of course I have to hold her there, because this was kind of a spontaneous thing on my part and we don´t have a training toilet for her yet (good thing she likes the toilet...yuck...)...
So anywho...I held her over the toilet this morning about fifteen minutes after she woke up this morning and said "Stinky!" and wonder of wonders, NO POOP EXPLOSION this morning, alhamdulillah!!! She pooped in the toilet for the first time! Yay! MashaAllah! No poop up to her armpits! No poop running out of the sides of her diaper! No soiled clothes! MashaAllah! MashaAllah! MashaAllah! "
And here I am...crazy Mama...running around saying "Bravo Jayjay! Bravo! Good girl! You went poop in the toilet! Good girl! You´re such a good girl, mashaAllah! MashaAllah! MashaAllah!
It feels sooo good to just flush the toilet and be done with it...hehe. MashaAllah.
Now....given...my daughter is only 10 months old (well 2 days shy of 10 months old)...so she´s not running up to me and saying poo or pee when she has to go...she doesn´t even walk into the bathroom by herself...BUT...she now knows that when Mama puts her over the toilet in the morning, she should relieve herself...and she knows that when Mama puts her over the toilet after her naps and before bed, she should relieve herself...Alhamdulillah, this is easier than I thought, hehe.
InshaAllah, I´ll be going to visit my in-laws soon in the ME, where they have both the western and arab toilets...inshaAllah I can just take her to the arab style toilet and I won´t have to hold her anymore...and inshaAllah she´ll be toilet trained around a year...but we´re taking this slowly, inshaAllah......I don´t want to traumatize the kid!!! InshaAllah khair!
Fi aman Allah,
UmmBatul

No comments:
Post a Comment