Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
I am the mother of a cute little thing who we all call Jayjay (little hen), alhamdulillah. She´s going to be 10 months old in a couple of days, inshaAllah...............she runs around like a wild thing, is starting to use the toilet, and can turn the pages of her board books, but she doesn´t say anything more interesting than "up"................she runs through our apartment screaming yayayayayayaya gagagagagagagagaga wawawawawawawawa babababababababa......but she doesn´t say mama or baba and actually know what it means....oh well, I´m sure that will come with time, too, inshaAllah!!!
That said, I´m trying to do what I can to help her grow up, inshaAllah. I´m a little early I suppose, but inshaAllah I want her to be the best Muslimah, person, etc. she can be..............
I decided to make a blog after doing a search on Islamic homeschooling, because I found a lot of blogs from sisters that homeschooled their children in my search, mashaAllah. InshaAllah I´d like to homeschool Jayjay if there isn´t an Islamic school that I approve of in my area. I´ve been looking through all kinds of information and looking for websites that might help me think of what to do with her before she is old enough to be schooled.
For now, I´m just going to continue doing what I have been doing, though, inshaAllah.
I sing her the abc´s and tell her (because I can´t sing them, hehe) the Arabic alphabet. I count for her. I recite the last 14 surat to her daily, so that maybe she´ll pick them up slowly, inshaAllah. I read to her daily. I talk with her. I also try to make sure that I make myself as good a role model as possible.
Brigham Young said something to the effect of, "you should never allow yourself to do anything that you aren´t willing to see your children do."
I read that quote a few months back and it makes a lot of sense. Of course Allah subhanahuwata´ala leads whom He wills and leads astray whom He wills, but inshaAllah I can help to raise my daughter to be a good Muslimah if I myself look after the Deen and do what I can to keep my Iman strong.
Fi aman Allah,
UmmBatul

2 comments:
may Allah make it easy on you to raise your daughter as a strong Muslimah. we should really study with roles of the Mothers of the Believers more. I feel like everytime i read more of them, I want to be like them..and they become more real to me..
may Allah guide all Muslimahs in raising their kids.
As Salaamu Alaikum, homeschooling is really the hardest job you can ever take on. I taught in muslim schools for almost 6 years and I never faced a more challanging endeaver like trying to teach my own daughters. To be a good homeschooler you have to see it as a quest . . . and really you have to go all out. If you live in a strong muslim community try to locate a homeschooling group that shares your similar Islamic ideals (aqeedah and minhaj). Or just find a sister or two and do some group activities. Even though you are homeschooling, kids need interaction. If you need anymore tips just email me at ummanisah2000@yahoo.com Barak Allahu fiqi
masalaam
Post a Comment