Friday was Dad's birthday! Not that he reads this, but a very happy birthday to him! I left a lovely rendition of the birthday song on his voicemail. No wonder he hasn't called me back yet, hehe.
Anywho. Where am I this week?
Well, my eating is pretty good. I started eating oatmeal everyday for breakfast and my IBS has significantly improved, alhamdulillah! That's not to say that my stomach/bowels feel great, though. But as I told my husband, I'm going to do whatever I can not to go back on meds for it. I'm taking a boatload of Rx meds as is!!! I know that it's IBS and not just some kind of stomach bug or bad reaction to something I'm eating, though, because BubNo.3 is having any trouble nursing. His innards are working fine, alhamdulillah. OH!!! And I ate an ENTIRE fillet of fish for the first time in about 15 years, alhamdulillah! I really dislike the taste and texture of fish in general, so I've been trying to find some kind of fish or recipe that I could eat (because fish is so healthy). And I made it myself! Tilapia with cumin, coriander, lots of chili powder and lime. It wasn't the best food I've ever ate, but I ate it all and I won't mind making it again, alhamdulillah!
Exercise is going great! I've been doing HIIT every day for about 20-30 minutes. Today it was 40 minutes, because I got two new Jillian Michaels dvds and couldn't wait. Besides...Saturday is my cheat day and I ate half a dozen homemade oatmeal/cranberry/almond/white chocolate cookies.....Anywho...I do need to get a pair of good cross training shoes. I have an old ankle injury that's acting up, because of all of the jump training...The pair I want is $70 (on sale!) and I am REALLY hoping that my husband surprises me with them!!! He specifically asked me what size shoe I wear (not a normal question from him), so there is at least a small chance...
My skin is looking a bit better...except for after exercising when I resemble a stop sign much more than either of my parents..........I've been making sure to use toner...something I leave out if I feel stressed about time. And I applied a TCA peel to the areas where I'm pretty scarred. It's only 15% and the scarred skin is pretty tough, so I figure I'll be able to apply another peel in about a month to six weeks, inshaAllah.
My girls have the 3 Qul pretty much memorized and need just a little tweaking. They both already knew Fatihah and my older daughter knew ayat al Kursi and Ikhlas...but I'm glad she's learning Falaq and Nas, alhamdulilllah.
I've been making a lot of dua, too. I really hope that it will be heard, inshaAllah.
Fi aman Allah.



No comments:
Post a Comment