Saturday, October 07, 2006

Perfection

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I am back...inshaAllah...I haven´t been in the best health or spirits lately. The doctor says that it´s probably because of low blood pressure wa Allahu alim. I still have a couple appointments coming up soon, but for now, I have been instructed to drink more coffee and caffeinated drinks hehe...and eat more salt...oh well, I guess that doesn´t mean I have to throw out my entire healthy diet, but still...

That said...onto my real thoughts for the day...

I have been pondering over how I´m going to improve my self-discipline. These goals are long-term and I will probably have to start out slow and build them up like any other habit. These things are the infrastructure of my ideal life.

Ideally.

Pray 5 fard.--no problem...even when I feel horrible, I can still guilt myself into moving my butt into the bathroom to make wudu, mashaAllah!
Pray 12 sunnah. --tougher--I don´t like the two before fajr...I usually feel dead in the morning and often dizzy...and praying doesn´t make it better.
Pray duha. --like above...sometimes sujood makes my entire head hurt. I know it´s an excuse. InshaAllah I will feel better...maybe I could concentrate on doing duha every other day?
Pray witr.
Pray tahhajud.
Read Qur´an 1 hour daily--arabic/english. --I´m working on it. It´s not like I don´t have enough time on my hands...but with my daughter around, sometimes I reach an hour..sometimes not.
Read at least one hadith daily. --No problem--jazakhAllah MO!
Fast mondays and fridays. --I´ve been lax, because of the low blood pressure thing, I have been having trouble with dizziness if I don´t eat enough...
Visit an islamic study group weekly.
Recite Qur´an to my daughter daily --No problem...I have enough time, inshaAllah. I usually go through the last 10 surat or so.
Daily dhikr --because I usually only say dhikr after prayers
Daily dua (for me, my family, my sisters and brothers in Islam, etc.) --like dhikr, I usually only make dua after prayer. InshaAllah I will get better about it.
Spotless home (my place of worship!!!)--no problem...I have obsessive compulsive personality disorder...
No tv...--Very tough...due to a soccer loving husband...

..........

There are also lots of other things that don´t have to deal with Islam, because I am just about as country-club prep as a Muslim woman can get, hehe. For example:

No more than 115 lbs (I´m 5´4")
Longish, healthy hair
Put together appearance
Clear skin
Attractive indoor and outdoor wardrobes
Attractive home (not to be confused with a clean home...I want it to look nice and comfy, too, inshaAllah)

These things are not too tough, inshaAllah. I am certainly not overweight, my hair is healthy, I have okay skin except maybe once a month, I have some nice clothes, and my home is slowly coming together, mashaAllah (to it all!)...

Oki doki...off to pray...and inshaAllah I will get my dhikr and dua in as usual and I will pray sunnah, inshaAllah!!!!!

Fi aman ALlah,

UmmJayjay

No comments:

Followers